Re: xAP enabled SIP proxy?

Hi,

Well i've never used a sip proxy, but i can see with more users of
vondage, bt homegate and all those other voip services quite an
increased demand for one. Certainly more people would need a sipproxy
than asterisk in a smaller setup.  As far as picking one to base the
project on I would say that NAT traversal as well a windows support
should be considered high on the list. I don't know if the mjserver may
be a possible choice?
http://www.mjsip.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=36&Itemid=51

But certainly pluging in to an existing product has got to be better
than re-inventing the wheel.

James

Gregg Liming wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is anyone aware of any work toward implementing a xAP enabled
> (preferably CTI compliant) SIP proxy?
>
> The motivation for the question is that my 2-line hard, SIP phone is
> configured to connect to my local (personal) asterisk server and the
> other line to an outside SIP server.  I use axc for the local asterisk
> server, but don't have any way of getting similar support for calls
> placed/accepted to/from the externally connected SIP server.
> Presumably, users of "consumer" or "residential"
VoIP plans (e.g.,
> Vonage, Voicepulse, etc.) might have similar needs.
>
> In anticipation that the answer to the above question is
"no", does
> anyone else have interest (as dev or user)?  I'm also interested in
> anyones past experiences with SIP proxies and/or strong feelings as to
> whether a true NAT-enabling SIP proxy is needed (e.g.,
> http://www.openser.org, http://siproxd.sourceforge.net)
or simply a way