Re: zmxap v0.2 available

Quoting James (2/24/06 8:36 PM):
> If only i could get ZM 1.22.0 to run, hopefully 1.22.1 won't be too
far off!

> I've just released an updated Intranet Launcher which supports the
> messages from zmxap.  Together they work really well, certainly has
high
> wow factor! Getting video from the front door as soon as motion is
> detected, even before the door bell is pressed, popup on your pc
screen
> is really useful - never miss that delivery driver again ;-)

As a possible "sneak preview" of things to come... Phil (from zm)
has
suggested in the forums that the zone(s) that caused the alarm will now
be reported (and should, therefore, be reportable via zmxap).  Let's
suppose that your camera stares out across your front door and lawn.
You define a "front-door zone" (a polygon--but for
simplicity--assume a
rectangle) over your door and a second, "kids-on-the-lawn" zone.
You
could then discriminate between which "type" of alarm is
occurring (and
not confuse the "kid with the ball" from the "delivery
driver"). The
same kind of approach could be used for very open interior floor plans
that create challenges for PIRs to "zone" specific arbitrary
spatial
regions.  Likewise, the ability of zmxap to report telemetry could be
used to determine transitions from one zone to another.  The number of
zones is unlimited.

Supposedly, the zone declaration will be part of 1.22.1 (and a part of
zmxap shortly thereafter).

> I wonder if we could get zmxap added to the ZM ctu or/and mandriva
> distributions? It would certainly help the user base..

I'm certainly ok with that. zmxap and the dependent xAP libs are BSD
licensed--implying you can do anything you want w/ the code.  I'd be
happy to help if there are avid ctu or mandriva users that want to
champion this (regrettably, I live in a "cvs update; make
install" world
and don't appreciate packaged distros).

Gregg