Re: Logic: Distributed or Centralised?

Andy Laurence wrote:
>  I've just ordered a xAP-enabled NetIOM for playing around with before
I move house.  I think I'll try and do as much as possible integrated on
the switches and output devices, whilst using xAP-desktop for other smarts,
like accessing it through t'Interweb and the like!
You will need a middle controller application of some form with the xAP
Netiom (see inline comments in previous message) to map it's inputs
'events' into commands to other devices. BSC mapper will do this
(although we still ongoingly have OCX/memory issues with that
application). xAP Floorplan can also do it very neatly and has a web
based front end which sounds ideal for you.  The latest version is even
AJAX based so updates very quickly (near realtime) .  xAP Desktop is not
a web based front end but creates widgets that exist within your Windows
desktop  Very powerful , takes a bit more familiarisation to fully
appreciate all it can do, but operates in realtime..

What lighting do you have currently or will you be using the Netiom
outputs through relays to switch lights ?  There are no xAP embedded
lightswitches or dimmers yet - but Lehane has plans to change all that

Kevin