Re: Consensus on BSC temperature reporting?

Hi Gregg.

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Gregg Liming <gregg@...> wrote:

> Hi Daniel,
>=20
> Quoting estratosapiens (8/29/06 10:06 AM):
> > I agree with you Gregg that every xAP application reporting
> > temperatures should do it in the same way. Interoperability is,
in my
> > opinion, one of the goals of xAP. Applications expecting
temperatures
> > from the xAP network can't support different representation
techniques.
> >=20
> > I'm currently developing a xAP embedded device that measures
> > temperatures and I write the results in this manner: text=3D25.6
=BAC
>=20

Should I use text=3D25.6C instead?

> Thanks for sharing your convention.  BTW: I'm currently working on a
> "one-wire xAP connector" that will initially interact w/
digitemp and
> later w/ OWFS.  Can you share what you are doing and it's planned
> availability?
>=20

I'm developing an embedded xAP/1-Wire gateway for the Digi Connect-ME
and based on uClinux. I a couple of months I'll be able to show the
results of the development in my new Web page. And still another month
to sell the board. A tiny but powerful device.

> > For me, units should appear beside the value. It makes the
parsing
> > process more complicated but it's the best way of showing the
type of
> > data received.

=20