Re: Consensus on BSC temperature reporting?

Hi Lehane,

Quoting Lehane Kellett (8/29/06 10:08 AM):
> My view FWIW is that it should be text=20C or text=68F (or, for the
> physicists, text=293K).
> Where greater accuracy is required then text=20.55C, etc. These are
all
> easy to parse.

Thanks for that--especially the confirmation on greater accuracy

> Patrick's website lists the temp.reading class but that doesn't have
the
> units info.

Yes--I had rather wondered about it's level of adoption.  My preference
would be to push toward the more widely adopted/appropriate
schema--whatever that might be.

> The DIY Zoning sourceforge project xAP support uses another class,
> dz.dac, and uses
> centigrade/celsius.

Thanks for that info as I didn't know about that class.

> I'm with you, time for a common class for environmental monitoring -
> temp, humidity,
> light, pressure, current, voltage, etc?

I wonder if it is a new class or extensions to BSC as Kevin had offered.
If it is a new class, I hope that there might be similar backing to
it as exists w/ BSC to leverage interoperability.

Gregg