Re: Updated X10 connectors

  • Subject: Re: Updated X10 connectors
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 20:02:50 -0000

Hi Rene,

Thanks for trying this as it really helps :-) Aside from the
wildcards it's most bewildering that ON's are obviously working for
you as well as OFF's , 'ON's do not work for me :-(  I'm going to
double check again as I can't believe this hasn't been picked up
before it it really is an issue - maybe it's me ...

However that second construct for a target

target=3DERSP.X10.*

should not match any X10 endpoint and none should react. The correct
wildcard for 'all endpoints' would be ERSP.X10.*:> or even better
target=3DERSP.X10.*:*.>   The wildcard you  have used matches only the
main application itself (sub address 00) and specifically matches no
endpoints (sub addresses 01-FF).

Just to clarify this target=3DERSP.X10.*:>  matches the application
itself and all endpoints and target=3DERSP.X10.*:*.> matches all
endpoints but not the main application  (on the basis that * requires
a value present)

Kevin

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Ren=E9 de Rijke
<renederijke@...> wrote:

> Hello,
>=20
> I have tested some wildcards on my system and all seems to function
> well. when I send:xAPBSC.cmd,source=3D*.*.*=20
>=20
> target=3DERSP.X10.*:hal.>
> output.state.1
> id=3D*
> state=3Don , both lights in the hal goes on, en nothing else.
> state off, both lights in the hal goes off, en nothing else.
>=20
> target=3DERSP.X10.*
> output.state.1
> id=3D05
> state=3Don, only one light in the hal goes on.
> state off, only one light in the hal goes off.
>=20
> Ren=E9.
>=20
>=20
>=20
> --- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <lists@> wrote:
> >
> > Actually before I wasn't using wildcarding at all - in fact I
haven't=20
> > used the X10 conduit for a while as my X10 was being relayed
in=20
> > HomeSeer.  I was just testing my  inbuilt BSC mapper and your
X10=20
> > conduit (and the Netiom) seemed the most likely applications
people=20
> > might be using with it so I wanted to ensure it worked.  Was
trying to=20
> > get the C-Bus wireless remote controlling X10.
> >=20
> >     Kevin
> >=20
> > Edward Pearson wrote:
> > >
> > > I've not changed any code related to the areas you mention
for
> quite a=20
> > > while. Are you saying that these are new behaviours seen
with this=20
> > > release or just that you are testing this one with more
demanding=20
> > > wildcard sequences than before?
> > >
> > >=20=20=20=20

> > >     *From:* xap_automation@xxxxxxx
Behalf Of *Kevin
> Hawkins
> > >     *Sent:* 06 August 2006 03:01
> > >     *To:* xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> > >     *Subject:* Re: [xap_automation] Updated X10 connectors
at
> > >     www.erspearson.com
> > >
> > >     I seem to have a couple more problems Edward
> > >
> > >     1) I seem to be able to turn a device off but not on -
if I
send a
> > >     BSC off it works fine but change the state=3D 'off' to
'on' and i=
> > >     doesn't. With the 'off' I see in the GUI the xAP receive
> > >     xAPBSCcmd:<devicename> with 1 block followed by a
transmit of
> the X10
> > >     event and then the BSC info or event message . With the
on
> command I
> > >     just see the xAP Receive xAPBSC.cmd:<devicename>
> > >
> > >     2) I am having a load of problems with wildcards .
Temporarily I
> > >     have set up my names like this example to initially
preserve
> some X10
> > >     information whilst I get it working.
> > >
> > >     ERSP.X10.machine:D7.Hall.TableLamp
> > >
> > >     I tried targeting ERSP.X10.*:D7.> and nothing worked
, in fact
> I am
> > >     not sure anything works with a : in it once wildcarded.
So I
then
> > >     guessed at
> > >
> > >     ERSP.X10.*.D7.> and I got a load of devices changing
state even
> > >     though
> > >     only one of mine has D7 in it. About half my X10 devices
changed
> > >     state. When I fully qualified the target it seemed to
work OK.
> BTW I
> > >     am using ID=3D*
> > >
> > >     One of the reasons the wildcarding is quite important
for me
> is that
> > >     my little embedded mapper has limited target address
space so
> > >     anything I
> > >     (or users) can wildcard saves target string storage eg
>:D7.>
> is much
> > >     more compact than the full address although
*.X10.>:D7.> is
> probably
> > >     more focussed. Eventually I will probably go for
> > >     >:*.Hall.TableLamp or
> > >     *.X10.>:*.Hall.TableLamp though or better still
remove the X10
> > >     house/device code totally.
> > >     The : is now very important in wildcarding since sub
addressing to
> > >     divide the address into the two components with the
first >
> matching
> > >     'only' to the : and the second to the end of the sub
address
ie a
> > >     match
> > >     anything is >:> and not *.> (the latter would
not match
> anything that
> > >     had a sub address) although it would match every
application. I
> > >     wonder
> > >     if maybe this is a carry over from Stuart not fully
> integrating sub
> > >     addressing into xFX ?
> > >
> > >     Kevin
> > >
> > >     Kevin Hawkins wrote:
> > >     >
> > >     > This could be just my setup here Edward (gosh how I
hate X10)
> > >     but I am
> > >     > not reliably seeing the commands showing in the X10
> connector window
> > >     > (just getting housecodes)., and consequentially no
events
> sent. So I
> > >     > send D4 ON and all I see is X10 receive Address:
house=3DD
unit=3D4.
> > >     Will
> > >     > try another site for my X10 receiver and see if it
improves. The
> > >     lamp
> > >     > elsewhere does change state correctly but my CM12U
is very
close
> > >     to lots
> > >     > of PC's so it may be getting noise. The transmitted
X10
from the
> > >     CM12U
> > >     > gets through fine. As some commands do get through
it's
looking
> > >     like an
> > >     > X10 hardware issue.
> > >     >
> > >     > Kevin
> > >     >
> > >     > Edward Pearson wrote:
> > >     > >
> > >     > > After a week beset with configuration problems
with v2.6 of
> > >     the X10
> > >     > > connector, I have now got the build scripts
sorted, CVS
> behaving
> > >     > > itself again and uploaded the latest builds
(v2.6.3) at
> > >     > > www.erspearson.com <http://www.erspearson.com
> > >     <http://www.erspearson.com>
> > >     > <http://www.erspearson.com <http://www.erspearson.com>>>.
> > >     > >
> > >     > > Please email if you find any more issues with
these
versions.
> > >     > >
> > >     > > Edward