Re: Updated X10 connectors at www.erspearson.com

I seem to have a couple more problems Edward

1) I seem to be able to turn a device off but not on - if I send a
BSC off it works fine but change the state= 'off' to 'on' and it
doesn't.  With the 'off' I see in the GUI the xAP receive
xAPBSCcmd:<devicename> with 1 block followed by a transmit of the X10
event and then the BSC info or event message . With the on command I
just see the xAP Receive xAPBSC.cmd:<devicename>

2) I am having a load of problems with wildcards . Temporarily I
have set up my names like this example to initially preserve some X10
information whilst I get it working.

ERSP.X10.machine:D7.Hall.TableLamp

I tried targeting ERSP.X10.*:D7.>   and nothing worked , in fact  I am
not sure anything works with a : in it once wildcarded.  So I then
guessed at

ERSP.X10.*.D7.>  and I got a load of devices changing state even though
only one of mine has D7 in it.  About half my X10 devices changed
state.  When I fully qualified the target it seemed to work OK.  BTW I
am using ID=*

One of the reasons the wildcarding is quite important for me is that
my little embedded mapper has limited target address space so anything I
(or users) can wildcard saves  target string storage  eg >:D7.>  is
much
more compact than the full address although *.X10.>:D7.> is probably
more focussed. Eventually I will probably go for >:*.Hall.TableLamp or
*.X10.>:*.Hall.TableLamp though or better still  remove the X10
house/device code totally.
The : is now very important in wildcarding since sub addressing to
divide the address into the two components with the first > matching
'only' to the : and the second to the end of the sub address ie a match
anything is >:> and not *.> (the latter would not match anything
that
had a sub address) although it would match every application.  I wonder
if maybe this is a carry over from Stuart not fully integrating sub
addressing into xFX ?

Kevin

Kevin Hawkins wrote:

> This could be just my setup here Edward (gosh how I hate X10) but I am
> not reliably seeing the commands showing in the X10 connector window
> (just getting housecodes)., and consequentially no events sent. So I
> send D4 ON and all I see is X10 receive Address: house=D unit=4. Will
> try another site for my X10 receiver and see if it improves. The lamp
> elsewhere does change state correctly but my CM12U is very close to
lots
> of PC's so it may be getting noise. The transmitted X10 from the CM12U
> gets through fine. As some commands do get through it's looking like
an
> X10 hardware issue.
>
> Kevin
>
> Edward Pearson wrote:
> >
> > After a week beset with configuration problems with v2.6 of the
X10