RE: Say how you use xAP and banish the xAP Desktop splash screen !

  • Subject: RE: Say how you use xAP and banish the xAP Desktop splash screen !
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 08:52:44 +0100

OK, well I use xAP for the following:

xAP Switchboard - with two phone lines, business and personal. This allows
me to hear who's calling taken from my Outlook contacts list.
xAP Floorplan - just started using - I plan to use this to control my X10
house lighting controlled by HomeVision (via Asentium's xAPHV app)
xAP Aquarium - written by James for me using the Intranet ocx - can monitor
my aquarium parameters via xAP
xAP Speech - speaks the telephone callers over my whole house audio system
in conjunction with xAP Switchboard
xAP Tel - monitors the two telephone lines via Meteor's for use with xAP
SwitchBoard.

I also want to add support for my Asterisk box when a xAP plugin is
released :)

Paul.

Behalf Of James
> Sent: 26 September 2005 01:39
> To: xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> Subject: [xap_automation] Say how you use xAP and banish the xAP
Desktop
> splash screen !
>
> Hi,
>
> Introduced in the last release of xAP Desktop was a registration
option.
> The idea at the time was give registered users a bigger list of
displays
> to download, more features and no splash screen. Well the idea faded
as
> all new displays went into the general list and the features were
> already in the main release, but the option to lose the splash screen
> remained and now it's time to use that option.
>
> Simply post a message to this list saying how you use xAP and I'll
send
> you the registration code. Even if your xAP usage is just using xAP
News