Re: Re: xaptv duplications

--------------010403000004030805050802

Jeff,

I'm just having a look at this.  Could you send me a copy of your
Listings.xml  and I'll see what's going wrong.  You should find it in
the same folder as the xaptv.exe

Thanks

James

n9wbr wrote:
> I was able to figure out what is causing this but do not have any clue
> on a solution. When the XML file is created with the channel
> information it uses multiple "display-name" entries for each
channel.
> The .DTD file uses the <!ATTLIST display-name lang CDATA
#IMPLIED>

wrote:

>> I just loaded xaptv and am having a few problems. Hopefully they
are
>> configuration problems on my end.  I have the feed setup to
>> "tv_grab_na_dd" and it appears to be grabbing the
channels I have
>> preselected. It creates the individual .txt channel files ok.
>>
>> When I look at the xaptv screen it is duplicating some channels
and
>> missing many others.  As an example I have 24 channels and instead
of
>> seeing all 24 channels I'm seeing one channel duplicated 5 times,
>> another channel dubplicated 4 times, another 3 times, etc....  So
>> end up with 24 channels displaying but only it's just 7 of them
being
>> duplicated.
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>>
>> - Jeff
>>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

--------------010403000004030805050802

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
Transitional//EN">
<head>
http-equiv="Content-Type">
</head>

Jeff,<br>
I'm just having a look at this.&nbsp; Could you send me a copy of your
Listings.xml&nbsp; and I'll see what's going wrong.&nbsp; You
should find it in
the same folder as the xaptv.exe<br>
Thanks<br>
James<br>
n9wbr wrote:
type="cite">
<pre wrap="">I was able to figure out what is causing this
but do not have any clue
on a solution. When the XML file is created with the channel
information it uses multiple "display-name" entries for each
channel.
The .DTD file uses the &lt;!ATTLIST display-name lang CDATA
#IMPLIED&gt;
entry which brings in each fo the display names in order from common
to obscure. Unfortunately "Satellite" is the ending obscure
display name.

I think this is what is causing my duplicate entries in xaptv.  I
trimmed down my list to include two satellite channels and 3 over the
air channels via satellite. The end result is I get a duplicate
"satellite" entry (which pulls the first one it can find in the
xml
details), an ABC Affiliate, a CBS Affiliate and an NBC Affiliate.

Here is an example of one of the channel entries:

&lt;channel id="I11097.labs.zap2it.com"&gt;
&lt;display-name&gt;122 SCIFI&lt;/display-name&gt;
&lt;display-name&gt;122 SCIFI
DISH705:-&lt;/display-name&gt;
&lt;display-name&gt;122&lt;/display-name&gt;
&lt;display-name&gt;SCIFI&lt;/display-name&gt;
&lt;display-name&gt;Sci-Fi Channel&lt;/display-name&gt;
&lt;display-name&gt;Satellite&lt;/display-name&gt;
&lt;/channel&gt;

I really need to either find a way to get rid of the last display-name
or have xaptv be able to select one of the other display names as the
default.

Any ideas?

- Jeff
--- In <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
"n9wbr" <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E"
href="mailto:jeff@r...";>&lt;jeff@r...&gt;</a>
wrote:
</pre>
<pre wrap="">I just loaded xaptv and am having a few
problems. Hopefully they are
configuration problems on my end.  I have the feed setup to
"tv_grab_na_dd" and it appears to be grabbing the channels I have
preselected. It creates the individual .txt channel files ok.

When I look at the xaptv screen it is duplicating some channels and
missing many others.  As an example I have 24 channels and instead of
seeing all 24 channels I'm seeing one channel duplicated 5 times,
another channel dubplicated 4 times, another 3 times, etc....  So I