Re: xaptv duplications

  • Subject: Re: xaptv duplications
  • From: "n9wbr" <jeff@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 17:41:01 -0000

I was able to figure out what is causing this but do not have any clue
on a solution. When the XML file is created with the channel
information it uses multiple "display-name" entries for each
channel.
The .DTD file uses the <!ATTLIST display-name lang CDATA #IMPLIED>
entry which brings in each fo the display names in order from common
to obscure. Unfortunately "Satellite" is the ending obscure
display name.

I think this is what is causing my duplicate entries in xaptv.  I
trimmed down my list to include two satellite channels and 3 over the
air channels via satellite. The end result is I get a duplicate
"satellite" entry (which pulls the first one it can find in the
xml
details), an ABC Affiliate, a CBS Affiliate and an NBC Affiliate.

Here is an example of one of the channel entries:

<channel id="I11097.labs.zap2it.com">
<display-name>122 SCIFI</display-name>
<display-name>122 SCIFI DISH705:-</display-name>
<display-name>122</display-name>
<display-name>SCIFI</display-name>
<display-name>Sci-Fi Channel</display-name>
<display-name>Satellite</display-name>
</channel>

I really need to either find a way to get rid of the last display-name
or have xaptv be able to select one of the other display names as the
default.

Any ideas?

- Jeff