Re: Problems with MCxAP (moved from UKHA_D)

  • Subject: Re: Problems with MCxAP (moved from UKHA_D)
  • From: Stuart Booth <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 21:38:53 +0100

On Wed, 7 Sep 2005 20:54:33 +0100, "Keith Finnett"
<keith@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

>KCS.Utilities.dll - version 1.1.2.1
>MCxAP-XPMCE.dll - version 1.2.0.0
>NSpring.dll - NO

That one is probably a red herring and may not actually be used. I use
it for debug trace output. But I'll send you a copy offlist just in
case. I assume the email address above is okay?

>xAPMessage.dll - version 1.2.9.12
>xAPSchemas.dll - version 1.2.9.8
>xAPTransport.dll - version 1.2.9.2
>xAPUtilities.dll - version 1.2.8.10
>MCxAP-XPMCE.xml - YES

Everything else matches my build environment here.

Is there anything odd about your MCE version that you know of? It's
the 2005 version I assume for instance?

I'm completely at a loss as to why it fails to start. My development
MCE environment is broken at the moment as I discovered the other day
when looking into this and another problem for Kevin, so it's hard to
test anything without sprinting up and downstairs, but I'm going to
rebuild my MCE dev. environment here and find out why the tracing
isn't happening. If it's generating log files for Jon (which it
shouldn't be in the release build, but is perhaps a clue in this
case), it certainly suggests MCE isn't even loading it.

One other thing you may want to try is manually registering the MCxAP
AddIn. The installer should have achieved this for you, but if you
create a command prompt and change to your eHome directory where MCxAP
lives, you should be able to use the RegisterMCEApp.exe program to
register MCxAP manually. It's been too long since I last used this
(April when I first released MCxAP I suspect) to remember the command
syntax, but try it out and see what occurs is my only other current
suggestion.

Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>
xAPFramework.NET - a xAP software development framework for .NET

http://www.xapautomation.org/
     http://www.xapframework.net/