Re: Homeseer 2 Plugin Question

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, James <james@m...> wrote:
> hi Marc,
>
> I am trying to get to the bottom of what's happening here. I have a
few
> questions from the logs:
>
> 02/09/2005 15:03:55   xAP Conduit  Updated tmp
ersp.telemetry.homeserver.com3:two
>  This one means that the conduit has made this xAP message the
temporary one for this device. When the hardware wizard/bsc create is
run, it is this temporary message that is used as the basis.  For this
line to appear the device must be visible in the new hardware list,
the xAP message won't go beyond this point. Can you check that it is
there?

Not sure I understand you correctly.. yes the xAP new hardware tab
does show the device.. I can add it, and it stays in Homeseer (albeit
not updated).

> 02/09/2005 15:02:55   xAP Conduit  Incoming message Stage 1 FAIL -
Target mismatch -ersp.telemetry.homeserver.com3:two
> This is the odd one. This line means that a xAP message was received
but that message was targetted using the target= line to somewhere
else, so the plugin drops the message, but in the example message you
sent there was no target= . Could there have been a different message
trigger these log items?

I don't think so, unless it's looking at heartbeats.. I only have the
one xAP app running (the quasar temp one). The only other things
sending data are the Hub (heatbeat) and the plugin.

> I don't know if it's related, but I was deleting an old xAP device
> (from a previous test). I've now noticed that the xAP link has
> disappeared from Homeseers webpage.
>
> I am looking in to this. basically if the xAP button goes from the
HomeSeer toolbar then the plugin has either crashed or lost it's link
to HomeSeer. I'll keep you posted on what i find out.

That would certainly make sence because I have to restart to get it
working again.

> On the device renaming. Could you create a device from the new
hardware tab and leave the name as is. Once the device appears in
HomeSeer, close and re-open HomeSeer. Does the device still work ok?

Yes, if I create a device, leave the name as is, restart homeseer.. it
appears to carry on working.

Appreciate your help !

Many Thanks

Marc