Re: Re: Homeseer 2 Plugin Question

>02/09/2005 19:25:37   Database Item  Device Comparison Error 5, field
>name : Cannot set column 'name' to 'homeserver one homeserver com3 one
>temperature.current temp'. The value violates the MaxLength limit of
>this column. Exception:Cannot set column 'name' to 'homeserver one
>homeserver com3 one temperature.current temp'. The value violates the
>MaxLength limit of this column.

ah this makes sense now. HomeSeer creates the device but can't save it
so it doesn't survive the restart.  So on restart the plugin sees a
deleted device and remove it's references to it and the whole cycle
starts again.
I have a new plugin that is better at the device creating but I trying
to find an issue that Steve noted in it loading certain settings.  Once
i can get that sorted then the new plugin will be released.

What i have done is to include the ersp.telemetry device in the HomeSeer
schema database which will give the devices smaller and nicer names. The
plugin cheks for updates every 2 days so we'll need to get it to check
now. If you close HomeSeer and go to xAP/Settings.txt . Find the line
that says UpdateD=<a date is here> and change the date to say
01/01/2004
now restart HomeSeer after a minute you will see in the log the new
database being downloaded. Now when you create a device from the quasar
you will get a simple pick list.

hth

James