Re: Re: Homeseer 2 Plugin Question

hi Marc,

I am trying to get to the bottom of what's happening here. I have a few
questions from the logs:

02/09/2005 15:03:55   xAP Conduit  Updated tmp
ersp.telemetry.homeserver.com3:two
This one means that the conduit has made this xAP message the temporary one
for this device. When the hardware wizard/bsc create is run, it is this
temporary message that is used as the basis.  For this line to appear the
device must be visible in the new hardware list, the xAP message won't go
beyond this point. Can you check that it is there?
02/09/2005 15:02:55   xAP Conduit  Incoming message Stage 1 FAIL - Target
mismatch -ersp.telemetry.homeserver.com3:two
This is the odd one. This line means that a xAP message was received but
that message was targetted using the target= line to somewhere else, so the
plugin drops the message, but in the example message you sent there was no
target= . Could there have been a different message trigger these log
items?

xAP Conduit
Run-Time Error 91
Object Variable or With block variable not set.

I don't know if it's related, but I was deleting an old xAP device
(from a previous test). I've now noticed that the xAP link has
disappeared from Homeseers webpage.

I am looking in to this. basically if the xAP button goes from the HomeSeer
toolbar then the plugin has either crashed or lost it's link to HomeSeer.
I'll keep you posted on what i find out.

On the device renaming. Could you create a device from the new hardware tab
and leave the name as is. Once the device appears in HomeSeer, close and
re-open HomeSeer. Does the device still work ok?  In theory the plugin
links it's device list to HomeSeer's device list by the House/Device code
so as long as that doesn't change it should be fine. Every 30 seconds the
plugin check devices for name changes and should update itself

Thanks

James