RE: Re: xAP Floorplan beta 4 released

  • Subject: RE: Re: xAP Floorplan beta 4 released
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 18:30:36 +0100

> Last question, honest! Can someone explain what Inserts are please?
> (Yeah, I checked the docs! It would be nice if every feature was
> documented for those who are new to xAP and Floorplan)

The Inserts are cool - allows you to 'Insert' some HTML code in the
floorplan display page. E.g. it could be a webcam screen or anything else.

> Finally, just an idea. It would be really cool if when turning
> on/off a device the controls appeared on the same page as the
> Floorplan. They could appear just under your mouse whenever you
> click on a device (using a DHTML layer), or just above the floor
> plan (which is what UltraJones did for his UltraLog Plan).

I'll second that - would be much slicker if they appeared this way - and
even allowed custom buttons etc.

I'm planning to completely measure and draw up plans for my house, so I'm
sure I'll be asking for more customisation options if possible.