Re: xAP Floorplan beta 4 released

  • Subject: Re: xAP Floorplan beta 4 released
  • From: "garygfx" <garygfx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 14:56:07 -0000

Ah, I was just about to post a new question about xAP and firewalls.
I noticed with xAP Desktop that there were no xAP msgs unless I
disabled Sygate Personal Firewall.

I've now loaded Floorplan again and it's seen 4 devices. I guess I
should wait longer to see if it's informed of the other devices.

Are you or anyone else running Sygate Personal? If so please can you
tell me how to enable xAP communications without having to disable
the firewall? Usually when an app tries to use a port for the first
time Sysgate alerts me and provides the option to grant access, but
it's never given me the option for xAP. I think it just sees it as a
naughty bit of traffic and automatically blocks it.

I tried creating a rule to allow port 3639 but it didn't work.

Thanks,
Gary.

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <lists@u...>
wrote:
> garygfx wrote:
>
> >It no longer crashes - whoohoo! :-)
> >

> WhoooHooo too :-)
>
> >After a few minutes (without fail!) it says "is not receiving
xAP
> >messages". I can't fix this without restarting Floorplan. I'm
using
> >the GUI Hub on my remote PC which is running Floorplan. I'm not
> >running a hub on the HS computer as the xAP Conduit is the only
xAP
> >app running on it.
> >

> This sounds like the hub isnt there (and hence Floorplan is deaf
which
> makes it 'shout' the above message) - . When you run the GUI hub
are you
> seeing devices listed down the left hand side of the hub - there
should
> be an entry for mi4 and under that you should have  'floor'
listed.
> 'HomeSeer' will not be listed as it is not a client off this
hub.   Are
> you running Floorplan as a service or an application BTW ?
>
>  The hub was the very first xAP application launched on that
machine
> wasn't it and it didn't winge about not being able to run as a hub
for
> any reason ?  Do you see messages listed in the hub from HomeSeer
and
> Floorplan ? - Floorplan should be presenting itself as a 'hub
client'
> icon similar to these screenshots.
>
> http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?
name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=8

> Just checking - no firewall issue ??
>
> >I deleted the setting.ini file to start over since it hadn't
listed
> >all of my devices. The detection window appeared in Homeseer so I
> >accepted all that but it didn't broadcast the devices. I
restarted
> >all apps and still nothing is showing in Floorplan. Any
suggestions