Re: Homeseer 2 Plugin Question

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <lists@u...> wrote:

>When I alter the name of a xAP device and click 'Save' I get a popup
> of  Database Item : "Saving device WhateverName"  and then
about 5 secs
> later I get another popup message from xAP Conduit "Device list
has
> changed - need to reload data table".  . The device however stays
live
> over restarts and is not re-detected ... .  Do you see both those
> messages ?

No I don't see any popups what so ever. Are you using Homeseer 1 or
Homeseer 2 ? I'm using Homeseer 2 via the web interface.

>You're not by any chance renaming the xAP source address
> somehow are you ? (which would cause exactly this behaviour as HS

I don't think so. To be honest I don't even know *how* to do that :d
All I am changing the the device name in Homeseer.

>   One thing I do experience from time to time is HomeSeer not hearing
> any xAP traffic but I think that is an issue with the rather strange
hub
> setup I use here and not HomeSeer.  (You can tell if HS is receiving
xAP
> traffic from the 'Stats' tab which will show the last received

Well, I think I am seeing several problems here which is confusing the
issue. One issue appears to be that the devices just don't update any
more, then after a few restarts they appear in "New Devices" of
the
xAP plugin.

The second issue appears to be the same as yours.. I'll suddenly just
stop receiving packets in Homeseer.. The STATS page shows none
received. I can have a combination of one or both of the above
problems at a time !

> and message count since restart). The fact you are re-detecting
devices
> indicates this isn't the issue here though and I think it's only me
that
> will experience this...

As above.. sometimes it does.. other times it doesn't see anything.

>    What xAP device are you adding to HomeSeer and is it added as a
> device, a recognised schema device or just as a raw parameter value

I have no idea. Here is how I add a device.

I hit the xAP link on the main Homeseer page, and see the "New
Hardware" tab is there. I click it. I see the following..
>> ersp.telemetry.homeserver.com3

and the following below that.

ersp.telemetry.homeserver.com3:one
ersp.telemetry.homeserver.com3:two
ersp.telemetry.homeserver.com3:three

I have three icons to the left of each one, a Red icon, a Green icon
and a Grey icon. The grey is not clickable. I don't see an Orange icon.

I select the Green icon (Configure HomeSeer devices from this xAP
Device). The next page appears with nother but a button saying "Switch
to Raw Mode" so I click that.

I select the location and put a tick next to "temp=" then click
"Create Device". It then takes me back to the "New
Hardware" tab.

Interestingly enough, I see this in the log at this point..

02/09/2005 15:19:48   Database Item  There were errors generated
during the save of the database item. Please consult this log for more
details and report any data loss to HomeSeer Technologies.
02/09/2005 15:19:48   Database Item  Device Comparison Error 5, field
name : Cannot set column 'name' to 'homeserver one homeserver com3 one
temperature.current temp'. The value violates the MaxLength limit of
this column. Exception:Cannot set column 'name' to 'homeserver one
homeserver com3 one temperature.current temp'. The value violates the
MaxLength limit of this column.

This is obviously due to the long device name. So, I go into the
status page and click on the newly created device. In "Device
Name" I
change it from "homeserver com3 one temperature.current temp" to
"Node
0 Temperature" and click Save. It continues to update fine and I see
the following in the log..

02/09/2005 15:22:22   Database Item  Saving Device Noce 0 Temperature

So it looks like it has now saved the device fine. It will continue to
update ok for a while, then for no apparent reason, it will just stop.
Now, there are strange things afoot. For example, sometimes the xAP
link will dissapear from the homeseer webpage. If I click on setup,
select interfaces and find xAP, the "Config" button is missing
too
(although it still shows it as enabled). Usually I can then restart
homeseer and it will reapear, but then I'll see under STATS that no
packets are being received. Now sometimes I will get the "New
Hardware" tab now.. or other times nothing will happen.

> PS I am using the 1961 build of HS2

Same here :)

To say I'm confused would be an understatement :)

Any help greatly appreciated.