Re: xAP framework based apps problem

On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 21:15:35 -0000, "David Pullen"
<dpullen@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>I ran the Listener and received the following error:
>The type initializer for "System.Net.IPAddress" threw an
exception.
>Hopefully this will give you a better idea.
>The apps certainly appear to run fine on other machines.

I've googled on Google Groups for this error and there are a few
similar reports but no clear resolution.

One post suggests:

66
Do you have more than 50 adapters installed on the machine ? They need
not be physical adapters, even virtual adapters might be the reason.
What happens is that if there are more than 50 adapters on the
machine, this situation can happen. It is a known bug.

You can find a QFE for this at
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];826757
99

Another post comments:

66
This exception occurs only on a mashine with
.NET Framework 1.1 and without Visual Studio installed.

On the same mashine with .NET Framework 1.0 it runs without error.

On my development mashine it runs on both  .NET Framework 1.0
and  .NET Framework 1.1 without error.
99

And:

66
After uninstalling the firewall on that mashine it works.
How is it possible to get it running with a firewall installed?
99

What's the firewall situation on this particular machine??

PS - you may not be alone:

66
Code stopped working all of a sudden. [same error problem as yourself
snipped]
99
--
Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>
xAPFramework.NET - a xAP software development framework for .NET

http://www.xapautomation.org/
     http://www.xapframework.net/