Re: homeseer, xapconduit, tts.speak and 3 speak event by hs?

  • Subject: Re: homeseer, xapconduit, tts.speak and 3 speak event by hs?
  • From: "paul6138" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 13:56:13 -0000

Thanks - makes sense, I didn't realise the HS plugin listened for
these as well - and fits Stuart's posting exactly - the host has
some vmwarfe virtual nics on it. Specifying the target works fine -
I'll sort the broadcast send and recieive addresses when I get the
system configuration finalised.

Should have worked it out myself - excuse being it was 2am when I
was trying it.

Paul

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, James <james@m...> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The tts.speak messages are normally received by xAP Speech but the
> HomeSeer plugin can also receive these and speak them. What you
are
> seeing here is the plugin receiving 3 messages from the xAP
network.
> The usual cause of this is a xAPFramework hub being used with
multiple
> network cards, it easy to fix you just need to add a couple of
lines to
> it's .config file. (Firewire, bluetooth and ir receivers are all
> 'network' cards in Windows) .Stuart posted a how to on this here

> assuming this works and you also don't want HomeSeer to speak
these messages the you need to target the tts.speak message. To do
that you simply modify the last line to this, where PCNAME is the
name of the pc running xAP Speech.

> hs.plugin("xAP
Conduit").sendxapmessage
"tts.speak",body,"mi4.speech.PCNAME"

> Hope that helps
>
> James
>

> paul6138 wrote:
>

> >I have homeseer 1.7.30 and xap plugin test3 - downloaded via a
link
> >form this board.
> >
> >I run the example script below - and another machine on the
network
> >runing xapspeech says the "Phrase" - good that's what is
supposed