Re: Different hs devices for each pop3 mailbox

Hi Heiko,

I need to have a look back at the POP3 application. It's one of the
original type applications and I don't think it uses sub-addressing
(anything after the :'s in the source address).  I remember a lot of
discussions at the time it was launched about how best to
segment/identify the mailboxes as there are multiple
users/mailboxes/servers potentially.  ISTR that at the moment the
identifiers are all within the message block which will make it more
awkward to create separate HomeSeer devices for each account.    Sub
addressing is a great thing as it allows you to easily identify
'endpoints' as devices within say HS.

HomeSeer once having recognised a xAP source will not  retrigger the
wizard on the same source although you can force it to do this by
're-detecting' the device from the xAP menu if needed.

Here's another possibility, haven't tried it but it should work
....    What you may need to do currently to achieve what you want is to
write a little script in HS that examines the incoming POP3 xAP messages
and identifies the account from the body content , effectively filtering
based on the pop3 accounts.  Create in HS a new device for each pop3
account you wish to display the status of.  Now based on the incoming
'account name' which will currently be held in a HV variable you update
the appropriate device in HS that represents  your pop3 mailbox(es).
This way you can pickup each mailbox individually and update the
messages waiting for each.

Kevin