Re: xAP Asterisk integration

Great stuff Ove, and Gregg I wish I could have more input on * and what
should be implemented but I don't as yet use it , but would with a xAP
interface :-)

If you need any help on CID schema then shout ..you're probably going to
find you would like many more schema messages to integrate with * as its
has som many capabilities.

A bit of background... the original xAP CID.Incoming schema is very
basic and was enhanced under the product umbrella of a UK CID device
called 'Meteor' which is a great device but we ended up with a schema
called 'Meteor' rather than a generic telephony schema - however it's
very useable in all such apps. I have subsequently used and abused this
schema in xAPTel to add many more telephony events and parameters into
the schema . really this should be now rolled into a CTI schema
(computer telephony integration) as it adds so many new events and also
copes with VOIP calls . instant messenger services, call origination,
tagging and control alongside realtime multiline event reporting.

I believe James has published some of the CTI schema as they relate to
xAP Switchboard in the approriate schema section of www.mi4.biz . For a
complete read the best place to find out all the extra parameters etc in
the Meteor schema and also the CTI additions is the end of the xAPTel
read me file. You can download the xAPTel zip from www.mi4.biz under the
UKUSA download section.

http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=50

If you expand this file the read me is a separate file so you can read
it without running the installer.. (rich text format) I haven't as yet
worked further on formalising the CTI schema but would welcome input
from all people with an interest in this to create a more thought
through changeover. There are many more events and commans we will need
to implement. FTTB I have mixed usage of the 'extended' Meteor and CID
schema messages in xAPTel.

Kevin

Ove Jacobsson wrote:

> Hi Paul.
>
> I have just started to convert an AGI-script included with
> Asterisk@home to send xAP messages instead of xPL-messages. It is very
> basic and don’t send out heartbeats yet, only the CID.incoming message
> when there is an incoming call to Asterisk.
>
> See http://jany.cjb.net/ove/asterisk.htm
for more info and download of