Re: Newbie and CID

Hi Kevin,

Thanks.

I have a tivo with turbonet installed, but I am willing to buy
(within reason) a solution to accomplish this.

I have read that I would need a METEOR? Is this correct?  The bit I
don't grasp (apart from the xap bits) is how I would get the CID
data to the tivo?  Through its' modem?

Is there a site with this sort of thing explained, like a "building
blocks" sort of approach?

Cheers,

--- In xap_automation@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <lists@u...>
wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> Welcome
>
>     Do you have any existing hardware that would allow you to
physically
> accomplish this ?   There is a xAP plugin for Tivo which does
allow this
> if you use Tivo(??) - and I guess if you had a HomeVision unit
this
> could be made to work too, although the current xAP conduit
doesn't
> support the video display pages.
>
>     In the HA world everyone has long been on the lookout for a
decent
> and reasonable cost video text overlay piece of hardware that
would work
> with RGB, S-video  or component video as the quality on composite
> insertion (eg HV) is very poor.
>
>       Kevin
>
> johngroats1977 wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >I'm new to the home automation scene and brand new to xAP
although I
> >have read quite a bit about it.
> >
> >I am interested in getting CID information to be displayed on my
TV