Re: xAP SwitchBoard beta 2 released

Just to let people know that the updated xAPTel that supports a lot of
the new features in beta 2 of switchboard should arrive by the weekend.
I will post a message here to let people know where.   Just got the
docs, installer and a a bit of tidying of the UI to do.

This  release will be Meteor / Pegasus focussed for CID, UK modem
support will follow shortly  although a modem can be used as a dialler
if desired. Dual Meteors (two lines) are supported as is Skype with
support for both Skype IN and Skype OUT PSTN/IP based calls.

Kevin

James Traynor wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've just uploaded the new beta of xAP switchboard. The download is
>available as either a full installation  msi or a small upgrade zip. As
>with all upgrades i suggest taking a backup copy of 'teldir.mdb' just
>be safe. Download links can be found here:
>http://www.mi4.biz/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=37
>Updated outlook plugin to follow shortly
>
>Enjoy,   James
>

>xAP SwitchBoard beta 2 released
>--------------------------------
>
>All things considered this is a big upgrade to beta 2. The most notable
>changes are instant messenger logging, much better address book, more
>events that trigger xAP sequences and now raw xAP support in each of
>those sequences. Switchboard can now monitor upto 50 lines and will now
>only let you dial out on free lines. One thing to note is that the new
>secure mode is active by default, this will cause all editing, deleting
>and config from remote pcs to be disabled. You will need to be on the
>server to make changes, this can be disabled from the config screen.
>

>Added in Beta 2
>
>Handles 50 simultaneous lines.
>Outlook plugin sync for all fields
>create new records from the web, but create them in an active outlook
>balloon popups on ends of calls
>Config screen now has a sub page where you can give different lines
>different icons, names etc
>Dial support for multiple outgoing lines.
>Dial support detection, using the latest xAPTel
>XML icon down the bottom gives ie users what firefox users had, ie.
>access to all intranet rss feeds
>fixed an error with the db lookups with certain incoming number
delimeters.
>Tosend file added to to include more functions
>Fixes Issues with withheld, international and payphone calls from
meteor
>devices Add support for the alternate cid.incoming schema
>New and unknown calls no longer create "Unknown" records, it
served no
>purpose and now you get the chance to create the contact in outlook
Call
>log can link to online maps using either a general location from the
std
>or using a postcode if found
>Added links to caller records in the In Progres section
>STDs are used to reformat the incoming numbers dashes are removed and a
>space is inserted
>Added config button to rebuild the call log map references
>Added local std option where if a number doesn't start with 0, a set
STD