RE: Telephony hardware (was xAP quiet?)

  • Subject: RE: Telephony hardware (was xAP quiet?)
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 08:57:59 +0100

Thanks Patrick,

If I went the Sipura 3000 route x3 for all 3 analogue lines, would I loose
any functionality by not using the digital line at all?

I think I want to use my existing 2x DECT systems in the house (at the
moment) until I possibly upgrade to IP phones. The mini browser sounds
interesting - just what I need to be able to browse a central address book
- do you use this?

Paul.

Behalf Of Patrick Lidstone
> (Personal E-mail)
> Sent: 19 April 2005 15:49
> To: xap_automation@xxxxxxx
> Subject: [xap_automation] Telephony hardware (was xAP quiet?)
>

> > I suppose the big question for me is what telephony hardware
> > do I need? I have one BT analogue line with ADSL and a home
> > highway line with 2 x analogue numbers off of the digital number.
> >

> For the ISDN digital line: Fritz AVM ISDN card (aka BT Speedtouch ISDN
> card). Can be had off e-bay for around 20 notes. Use the CAPI driver.
>
> For the direct exchange analogue line: Sipura 3000
>
> For ISDN analogue ports: Either upgrade to ISDN2e or Business Highway,
and
> renumber your analogue ports as digital circuit MSN's (all of which is
> relatively expensive process), or buy a further pair of Sipura 3000's,
one
> for each analogue port. Also worth mentioning, you won't get caller id
on
> the digital circuit unless you ugrade to ISDN2e or Business Highway -
BT