Re: Slim Conduit Feature request

  • Subject: Re: Slim Conduit Feature request
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 23:38:00 +0000

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 16:39:59 +0000, James Traynor <<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=_WSKSfXzxLE3lWL8JJSa2qoCWrtHcSMimh6Lr4DOL-S8Go_5p-CkHtDk7ozDMeRI-2Ljp74S">james@m...</a>>
wrote:

>Could you add some options so that a slim set to double size text can
>display a xAP-osd message correctly. Currently it seems to just scroll
>the second line. Ideally, a 3 way option would be great:
>1, switch to normal size text for the duration of the display

Do you really want this? I know it's great to have flexibility but I'm
wondering if this is worth doing?

I can think of the scenario if you send the Slim a single line of text
in the OSD message when it is in double height mode it could leave it,
but if you send it 2 lines, in this mode it would adjust the display
height to normal size momentarily.

Any votes for this? If there are I can certainly support any ways
anybody out there requires.

>2, Use big text to scroll line 1 then line 2 and double the duration
>time set.

'tis done. Works great, both in on and off modes, however you've got the
Slim
configured.

As a result of this you can now query any Slim's current transport
power status, which I had neglected to implement before.

>3, disable osd if set to double height ( not sure about this one)

Any votes for this one? Like yourself that seems the least useable to
me.

>oh and a polite reminder about dimming an off display to full when a
OSD
>comes in!

I'll do this for you tomorrow.

If anybody wants to try an early version of this stuff, shout and
stomp at me.

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=TOvrmyEI8aa2CfsipT7MTl0Q7W0-CL8WFr-12VPNXpbnkEThmQUORt1cWGKlt9NeXZtvVZa9UnlIvWFZxT76ZZ8">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net