Re: Slim Conduit Feature request

  • Subject: Re: Slim Conduit Feature request
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 23:03:00 +0000

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 16:39:59 +0000, James Traynor <<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=qAF0a_JsoUhJxFM9te5BPo7K3L19BvSDi4b3F3CdJGLBfzQWmeVShPW4GAu7Cz6VyOy7_Q">james@m...</a>>
wrote:

>Could you add some options so that a slim set to double size text can
>display a xAP-osd message correctly. Currently it seems to just scroll
>the second line.

Sure, that's been on the list for a while now. Max has mentioned this
too.

> Ideally, a 3 way option would be great:
>1, switch to normal size text for the duration of the display
>2, Use big text to scroll line 1 then line 2 and double the duration
>time set.

This option 2 was the one I have been meaning to implement. I figured
if the display was set to double height it was because it was far
enough away that it needed to be that size to be readable, so perhaps
setting it back to 2 lines/single height wouldn't be appropriate.

>oh and a polite reminder about dimming an off display to full when a
OSD
>comes in!

Oh yeah, I've been meaning to do that one too. That's all easy enough
now. You could even do it outside of the SlimServer Conduit (I like
that :) using the SlimServer extensions to the Audio Control schema,
which already support that. It would be nice to integrate it into the
one place however so I'll sort it out.

I would've done this tonight but I got heavily sidetracked hunting
down some obscure CDs from the past few years. The Internet is an
amazing resource. How could we do without it now?

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=XOccIvSApv81c1HGnL9oRDf2zSEs8TIf3Hnpc5nKrDv4_h7DLHGlu_H5rjViHhrJUbPocEac8BiyKMnvwA">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net