Re: [ukha_d] Re: xAP HomeSeer plugin - Released

  • Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Re: xAP HomeSeer plugin - Released
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 08:15:55 +0100

OK, I've moved this thread over to the correct group....

That worked, - the devices were redetected, and the add new hardware wizard
sucessfully created the Homeseer Devices.

However....

When I attempted to modify the properties of those devices (I wanted to set
the "hide device from views" atrribute on), I got an error -
which I can't
now reproduce unfortunately, - but it was along the lines of "can't
create a
dialog while a modal dialog is displayed" - to be honest, I'm not
certain if
I'd completed *all* the instances of the add new hardware wizard at that
point (I thought I had, but it's possible I guess that the wizards dialog
_may_ still have been open at that point), When I OK'd that error I then
got
a run-time error from the plugin and it crashed out Homeseer completely. -
Worse still, when I restarted Homeseer, it hadn't actually saved any of the
devices that had been created, or the xAP Conduit location, so I had to
repeat the entire process again.

The next time I did it, I restarted Homeseer between adding the devices and
changing any of those devices attributes, and I had no problems.

I then added another PC to the network to try to reproduce the error, (just
one PC this time), - I didn't restart Homeseer before changing the device
properties, and I still got no errors. - I don't seem to be able to
reproduce it at the mo, so I must assume that the first time round I must
have had a xAP hardware wizard window still open in the background....
(can't think what else it might have been).

Some minor observations for the Watcher devices:
- when the devices are created there is a typo in the "Available
phyical
memory in kb" device - there's an "s" missing from
"phyical"
- could you change all instances of "kb" to "KB" in the
device names?
- Could you start all the device names in proper sentence case? - I see
that
the constant part of the device name (the watcher variable) is in sentence
case, but obviously you pre-pend the PC name to form the full string, and
the PC name is not in sentence case, so I get a device name like
"computername Active Window" (note the capitalisations... - I
would prefer
this to be all in proper case so I get "Computername active
window" or even
"Computername - Active window" (i.e. with a delimiter between the
client PC
name and the watcher variable name).

Those last ones are *really* minor things, and are just my personal
preferences... (but I'm quite finicky about minor details like that!)

Thanks.

Paul G.

>From: "max barker" <max.adamiec@xxxxxxx>
>To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Re: xAP HomeSeer plugin - Released
>Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 21:44:39 +0100
>
>xap conduit>config, in the right hand pein select the devices you
want to
>re-detect and click "Re-detect". I'm still having trouble
with it not