Multiple streamers

Please be gentle if this has already been answered but I am relatively
new to xAP and have been playing around with it in anticipation of the
homeseer plugin!

I have two exstreamers that work with slimserver. I have set up the
slimp3 connector, the GUI hub, xAPDesktop and xAPTV. Everything seems to
work but I am having trouble controlling and monitoring two players.

When I first set it up I used the all symbol when configuring
xAPDesktop, however, this meant that both players were controlled at the
same time - but it did work apart from some confusion on now playing! I
then tried to set up each player individually. Unfortunately, I only
seem to be able to control 1 player. I am also unable to get any playing
information to be displayed in xAPDesktop. If I create 2 displays they
both seem to control the same player (even though I specified different
players when I configured them).

Of course, I may be mistaken in thinking that the connector is
interacting directly with the slimp3 server for each device rather than
the players -which will not work in my config with exstreamers. If this
is the case, then are there any options for operating with my
configuration where all the information about tracks etc is only held in
the slimserver?

Some extra info

I am using the Slimp3 Remote Display and Controller for each display.

I originally had player names with spaces but I have removed them.

When I changed the first display to be the second player the change did
not seem to take place ie the same player was being commanded. I did try
restarting everything.

I can see messages relating to the first player in the hub, including
all the information necessary for now playing, eg album, artist, track
etc

The player names are OfficeExstreamer and DrawingRmExstreamer

xAPDesktop does seem to be sending out a message to control each player,
however, the connector only appears to producing messages for the one
player, eg

xAPDesktop sends "Next" to
kcssoft.slimp3.testserver:drawingrmexstreamer

The next "Next" command from the connector is shown as
originating from
kcssoft.slimp3.testserver:OfficeExstreamer
(It is this last item that indicates to me that I may have
misinterpreted how the connector operates)

Thanks for your help
BR
David