Re: Call for Website to be updated

  • Subject: Re: Call for Website to be updated
  • From: James
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 11:49:00 +0000

Agreed, a simple PHPnuke site would be best. As you say one option would
be to give all the regulars admin access and let the site develop very
openly. The other option I breifly played with was the RSS feed idea.
It would be fairly easy to create a nuke module that collected news from
certain sites and automatically added them as news. You could stll add
news through the admin interface of nuke as well as taking news
submissions from the site's feedback system.

On thing though. To do anything we need accesss to either the
webserver(ftp) that is running the site or the domain name. Does anyone
have these?

I would say that creating a PHP nuke site for public site would be very
simple, 3-4 hours depending on how pretty you make it look. Then the
developer site, bit more time as will need alot more data transfered
over.

James

href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=n3eeIOPyiMiHyT6UIYGgdoFceURXAt6MXKL4sV0ObErXImAZMvhh-gdIKOC4hMeGJfMv2yO0tG7uvfh65m05">lists@a...</a>>