Re: Re: Sending e-mails using xAP

  • Subject: Re: Re: Sending e-mails using xAP
  • From: Max Barker
  • Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2003 16:21:00 +0000

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0
Transitional//EN">
<DIV><FONT face="Arial" size="2">Sounds
good. A bit more secure than sending multiple copies of private mail around
the net.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Arial"
size="2"></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face="Arial"
size="2">Max</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE>
<DIV><B>From:</B> <A title="lists@xxxxxxx"
href="mailto:lists@xxxxxxx";>Stuart
Booth</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A
title="xap_automation@xxxxxxx" href="mailto:xap_automation@xxxxxxx";>xap_automation@xxxxxxx</A>
</DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, October 29, 2003 1:52
PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Re: [xap_automation] Re: Sending
e-mails using xAP</DIV>
<DIV></DIV><TT>On Wed, 29 Oct 2003 13:22:10 -0000,
"max_adamiec"<<A href="mailto:max@xxxxxxx";>max@xxxxxxx</A>>
wrote:>I've been using Stuarts "pre beta" fwd email app for
three days now. >It's had a 100% success rate, forwarding over 120
emails from two >different addresses. Is there any mileage in forwarding
new email alerts to a work emailaddress perhaps?Say if you don't monitor
the personal mailbox directly at work forsome reason, your home account
could send the notification (not theactual email, just the subject line and
the from address) to your workemail address, which would mean you could
then check webmail on demandknowing something is there rather than
intermittently in the hope thatsomething interest has arrived?Certainly,
with the xAP Send Email application, sending out statusreports when you're
away from home is just a matter of transmitting acorrectly formed xAP
message now.Tie that
into an alarm system that knows you're 'away' and that's gotsome quite
entertaining potential.I think I shall try fwd-ing on email notifications
to my work addresstonight and inspect the results tomorrow to gauge it's
usefulness.I daresay many mailservers can do much the same but I for one
don'thave anything like that setup at home. I'd use xAP for this job
Ithink!If any of this sounds of any interest to anybody else let me know
andI'll wrap up the plugin that Max has been using as a full
application.It's just a 20k file that you can drop into the SendEmail
applicationfor instance to reduce the number of separate apps running at
once.S-- Stuart Booth <stuart@xxxxxxx>xAPFramework.net - a xAP
software development framework for .net<A href="http://www.xapautomation.org/";>http://www.xapautomation.org/</A>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
<A href="http://www.xapframework.net/";>http://www.xapframework.net/</A></TT><TT>To
to:xap_automation-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx</TT><TT>Your use of
Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <A href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>Yahoo!
Terms of Service</A>.</TT> </BLOCKQUOTE>