Re: New Email on-screen display messages?

  • Subject: Re: New Email on-screen display messages?
  • From: max_adamiec
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 23:36:00 +0000

A vote for Re: trimming as an option.

I'd like to keep them in my own setup.

Max

p.s. Still haven't tried the filtering with newemailodd, but I am
poling two mailboxes now so I'll have to try it soon to cut out some
junk mail.

--- In <a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=vvSo1BQqMCZBMLwV1fVzsteASRI3erv0Gk7n9EqvvwuttXooaJwcD_5lgERe5miXdC-AEInrg2OCXFtbdwRvtdpGK42ERA">xap_automation@xxxxxxx</a>,
Stuart Booth <lists@x> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> Sometimes the new email OSD messages can get long. I'm just cutting
> out some of the fluff to trim down the length of the message a bit.
>
> If you received an email reply that included the Re: component, how
> would you all feel if I chopped those few extra letters out?
>
> For instance, taking a message that just appeared on my Slim:
>
> Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Optical Connections
>
> This would become:
>
> Subject: [ukha_d] Optical Connections
>
> It does lose information though as you won't know if it's a new
thread
> or a follow-on message.
>
> Maybe I should make "Re:" trimming an(other) option. Any
thoughts