Re: Re: xAP Email

  • Subject: Re: Re: xAP Email
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 22:18:00 +0000

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 21:07:55 -0000, "max_adamiec"
<<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=lJNt_83rIzkgGtXLiuoYbTMnwlogV4v6EoLYpF2-VryJ5h8h6HaFn85VM59466TqmAFksm4PP6K-RZQVYM6CEA">max@v...</a>>
wrote:

>OK, got it now. Ta very much. Will try it tomorrow if the wife will
>let me.

Is she keeping a closer eye on your email dealings now then? <big
cheeky wink>

BTW, I mentioned your eBay 'problem' on my latest news posting on
www.xapautomation.org, although I made it anonymous... :-) That
tickled me enough that it has stuck. I was telling a friend about that
yesterday too.

>Did you see my thoughts on the xap->email?

I did, and there's a lot in there I'll respond to shortly. I have
however just written a xAP -> email gateway this evening, which works
great. I can now send a xAP message which results in an email being
sent. Need some more work on the mail server configuration though.

So we have the thing that monitors mailboxes.
We have the thing that outputs OSD messages.
We have a thing that send emails when commanded.
:
All we need is a thing to sit on the xAP network monitoring new email
notifications from the mailbox monitor and generate your SMS text
message as output. Dead easy!

Lots of things interoperating without being directly aware of each
other. Great :)

Of course, all this is a great distraction (if an entertaining one)
from my main requirements: Documentation, HowTo's, and the Windows GUI
versions.

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=ED8NaElkyrttU-grUO5hdOGmed_Ax6tymm0w41DwdidDIW9JU2DYf7lViD5l4_PUOo7kDuwA5E8VLP8IV_c">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net