Re: xAP Email

  • Subject: Re: xAP Email
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 16:11:00 +0000

A few application updates.

1. xAPFramework.net (v1.2.7.2) features a fix to the Incoming Mail xAP
schema which rejected e-mails with a blank subject line. Whoops.

2. POP3 Mailbox Monitor (v1.2.7.1) has been repackaged with this
change mentioned above. It also handles similar errors better now too,
as otherwise it would stop notifying about any further emails in the
mailbox.

<<a href="http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=40";>http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&amp;d_op=viewdownload&amp;cid=40\
</a>>

Probably not too critical a fix as it's taken me all this time to
notice it myself, but nonetheless...

3. New Mail OSD (v1.2.8.0) has been fairly significantly updated with
an all new filtering mechanism if anybody fancies trying that out.

<<a href="http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=42";>http://www.xapframework.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&amp;d_op=viewdownload&amp;cid=42\
</a>>

At the moment it's very simplistic but there's a fair bit of scope for
enhancements. Have a look at the NewEmailOSD.xml file included in the
"SampleMessages" folder when you unZIP or install it. It's all
fairly
self explanatory I hope.

Just copy this .XML file (don't rename it) into the root directory of
the application, along with the main .EXE file. The pretty GUI version
of this app would allow nice editing of these rules in future of
course.

BTW, perhaps I should change this, but I don't recommend using it as
is, otherwise any emails from me will be ignored by the OSD
application!!! :lol: Maybe that's a good thing though...

Kevin, you were asking about something similar recently. This
filtering capability might help a bit in that respect.

This filtering capability should be regarded as very experimental as I
only bashed it out last night out of curiousity. Just delete or rename
the .XML file to disable it if things go wrong.

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=1ek3XVYVtLWlhFiBswZ4dggNQBeJE9_WG1wWzgdXNHISI5Np7LGME-StehxoNIrzzUBvtaICOrSMQXbJoA">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net