Re: Re: SliMP3 Connector as a Windows Service now available

  • Subject: Re: Re: SliMP3 Connector as a Windows Service now available
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 10:48:00 +0000

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 09:31:25 -0000, "max_adamiec"
<<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=hyG3BKPptnwNaVBwlpw0y2rToYPMpOkiSG0YpOepU2Z-Yk_nrUPAQLGYS-XPpjQR6WjotF9Yh2UyEQgetA">max@v...</a>>
wrote:

>Personally, I don't need to filter out any emails...yet.
>I can see it being a very useful feature for others though.

Too late, it's already implemented! You can set up any number of
rules, although they're very simple at the moment. A wee bit more work
and extra customisation is possible quite easily.

For now it can filter on any of the fields that get included in the
xAP email message (ie To, From, Subject, Timestamp, Org or DlyTo), and
you can specify a bit of text that if that field contains it anywhere,
the email is not displayed.

This will automagically work without update if ever I add more fields
to the new mail xAP schema too. And it'll be easy to add persistent
dynamic rule configuration through xAP messages too (but that's
waaayyy far future).

I was going to upload it last night but it was late and I figured I'd
run some more tests on it today. It was useful to experiment with some
.net stuff I've not used before which is always a secondary goal.
Primary goal is to do stuff I find useful. Even better if others find
it useful too.

>Have you got or are planning a xAP to email app at all? I use
>outlook message rules to forward all of my email to an email to text
>message service. It'd be nice to cut out the middle man and do this
>with xAP (service obviusly:)).

Ooo, that would be easy to do. No, I don't have anything like that at
the moment. I've got to do some more painting now but I'll see what I
can do whilst its drying.

>Before I forget, someone's pointed me in the direction of a slim
>server plugin to launch a text file from the slimp3 UI. Might be
>uselful with xapsend. When I get an hour free I'll look at it and
>see if my meagre perl knowledge is up to it.

I've got so much going on I'll leave that one with you for the time
being! :)

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=ACh71j9z_KjFzZnJOr_LSE7i8p_Kpz0agETytKQyqQK3qMj-dFYmVj-fk7cFFfZ4ulja0AWni-2Tyv6r5vR9">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net