Re: Re: SliMP3 Connector as a Windows Service now available

  • Subject: Re: Re: SliMP3 Connector as a Windows Service now available
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 20:16:00 +0000

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 16:52:05 -0000, "max_adamiec"
<<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=WAoboN2lNBKsWtodkHIoan0TItJLdsI15YWn6upezPoGOheDr4BGLJMqmmiGQTsHMMEzQg15br8bMEVkA4O-MoU">max@v...</a>>
wrote:

>Still happening. I've noticed that the service starts up then stops
>after a minute or so.

Oh, that's not good. Does it work for a bit, and then stop for some
reason do you think?

I'll stick it in Service mode over on my Server and see how I get on.
Mine's been running as a console app since yesterday 16:31.

>Could it be something to do with the slimp3 server service starting
>around the same time? I'd noticed with the original console version
>of the connector, if I was a bit too keen in launching the connector
>(when the slimp3 server is still starting up) it would give a
>message like "no slimp players found" then shut down. Try it
again a
>minute later and all ok.

Oooo, you could well be onto something there. I've been meaning to
look into adding some startup dependencies into these things. Looks
like I need that or a startup delay of some kind.

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=E73qEcqA-iBT42azJYVN4hXMH8NoIZEp1Ie2sLevCnVPKzwcuPplWTyPfoFp5ESMPJV26zHJeVydPrXuzyqVwRR4">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net