Re: xap Weather

  • Subject: Re: xap Weather
  • From: James
  • Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 17:12:00 +0000

Matt,

In the program directory (usually c:\program files\xap weather) can you
open up Weather.ini

It should read

Station=id=2958

If the id= isn't there the program will go and get its data from NASA
instead from the BBC. I have tried this on my pc and it seems to work
fine, and guess what, it's raining!

If weather.ini is the same as above then can you email over you PCs
details including OS and style of internet connection i.e.
dialup,routed,proxyed etc...

FYI
error=nodata will occur when the attempted collection of data from the
web fails and returns nothing.
error=stationnotfound will occur when data is collected but the data is
a "404 data not found" page

James

On Sun, 2003-11-23 at 16:38, Matt Shaw wrote:
> James,
>
> I wonder if you can advise please. I've just downloaded weather 1.1
> off your website (cool website btw). I've run the file, I've gabbed my
> ID from the BBC (ID=2958) and then I run Weather.exe
>
> All comes up and then it goes looking for the Station - only to return
> with "Error=StationNotFound". I just wondered if there is
something

href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=_nVUTI75b0mTdr4dfL99kU3OlbuCpu35ZXQMR4T5gyz9015vRQV4_QiRoJFEsNg9c_LAQt8O8D1z45tBzmpZFBwG_WwSVcEoRUBEnX_y4TLRovE">xap_automation-unsubscribe@xxxxxxx</a>