Re: Announcing a vastly improved xAP message viewer !

  • Subject: Re: Announcing a vastly improved xAP message viewer !
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 10:37:00 +0000

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 12:18:49 -0000, "Kevin Hawkins"
<<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=dgJNwhLk2PToXEEA4_xWPMiO9mu4B02Gifwa-JcjCnPYtDRW0iSargM8JF6nxYIqqryYCzW5rhtEivbHKTo">lists@u...</a>>
wrote:

>Looking really professional - well done - and I even learned about some
>screens I haven't experienced yet in Viewer...
>
>One quick comment - were you intending the trees to startup with the
>hardware subs fork 'closed' - I thought you mentioned it before...

In this version it now does. I don't think that suggestion came up
earlier, or perhaps I neglected to note it and action it, so I added
it in at the last moment.

Anyway, there are a couple of tree expansion options in the
Tools/Options dialog that can adjust how the nodes are expanded as
devices are discovered on the xAP network.

These allow you to have just the actual devices shown by expanding the
required tree nodes to make them visible when they appear. Or to leave
the tree in its current state, without it expanding wildly in front of
you. I quite like the way it grows dynamically.

In addition you can have the subaddress tree structure expanded as new
ones come available, or not, as you wish.

I think these options cover what you're after. Let me know if they
don't.

Stuart Booth <<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=vs3UB2pMEkPxbFiYRV_JNuLpX-EEqqZzvFLRyyvzjghcY5O49wd6nf_emArV_z9A7a1NbfrM2zHO9ZNph7E">stuart@x...</a>>
xAPFramework.net - a xAP software development framework for .net