Re: Re: slimp3 connector-actively refused, Now: It''s Alive! It''s Alive!

  • Subject: Re: Re: slimp3 connector-actively refused, Now: It''s Alive! It''s Alive!
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 22:21:00 +0000

On Fri, 01 Aug 2003 18:04:24 -0000, "max_adamiec"
<<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=EobTNwRiHBwv1mDaoly9atMCRyfhe7RTeHbGzF9oT__-1PVF_6M3xWlGOcD1Ep1cIhxtIOuYl3XjdTpfWnE">max@v...</a>>
wrote:

>Doesn't do anything without the target line

It doesn't? Ooo, that's a buglette then.

>I've written a few different messages and can confirm that both of
>these targets work:
>target=KCSoft.SliMP3.>
>target=KCSoft.SliMP3.bedroom

That's it. There's a somewhat complicated way of name matching target
addresses in a xAP message to the name you specify for the player in
the Slim server software.

I can attempt to explain if you wanted, but keep it simple, like
Bedroom, Office, Lounge, etc (on the Slim Server s/w) and you can
easily see how the target address ties together.

'*' would work in place of the '>' in the above example too.

But if you named it Bedroom.1 say, a '*' wouldn't suffice to
successfully match. Anyway, shout if you want more details on that
aspect.

>So I'm going to play with it a bit more, then have a go at Patrick's
>POP3 ticker. Bet I can't get that to work either:]

Do let us know. That's on my ToDo list as I've said before.

Stuart Booth
xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=x2B9U3etv7uQbzW1TQvbk5BLn9W1iJUxtq-5TWFOaDs1F-K4nnSAKXmhhyvutTTFhEcE9klPPJyuRlx22R57p1U">stuart@x...</a>