Re: slimp3 connector-actively refused, Now: It''s Alive! It''s Alive!

  • Subject: Re: slimp3 connector-actively refused, Now: It''s Alive! It''s Alive!
  • From: max_adamiec
  • Date: Fri, 01 Aug 2003 19:04:00 +0000

> Ie delete that entire
> "Target=" line. You don't need it. If it's there you can
address
> individual Slims in a multi-Slim environment. Removing it will
address
> them all I think (cannot test this here).

Doesn't do anything without the target line

> >xAP-OSD.xAP-Display
> >{
> >Text="hello world"
> >}
>
> Ohhh, hang on. Where did that come from? That's wrong.

Probably me messing with the messages and not bothering to note what
I've done.

Anyway, I have some success now! Last nights problem seemed to be
that I was editing the examples to suit my purposes and making a
right mess of it. So I've paid a bit more attention to what's in the
message and I get a display.

I've written a few different messages and can confirm that both of
these targets work:
target=KCSoft.SliMP3.>
target=KCSoft.SliMP3.bedroom

So I'm going to play with it a bit more, then have a go at Patrick's
POP3 ticker. Bet I can't get that to work either:]

Max