x-10 hardware documentation

  • Subject: x-10 hardware documentation
  • From: Alex Ciurea
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 08:09:00 +0000

Hello,

I'm new to this protocol and I could'n find a summary
documentation about X10.

Where I could find a brief documentation about x-10
protocol? What hardware do I need to start my own
application?

I need simple facts, like how many devices can I use
in a x-10 network, how fast can I send the commands to
my devices, what interface is used for decodeing the
xAP commands, how can I interlink two or more xAP
networks... etc...

I've read some articles from www.xapautomation.org and
I've understood how I can identify my devices, and
other stuff (what can I say, those guys have done
their homeworks because there's a lot of detailed
documentation about xAP) but nothing practical about
x-10.

Thanks alot for your time and help,
Alex