xAPFramework updates

  • Subject: xAPFramework updates
  • From: Stuart Booth
  • Date: Mon, 07 Apr 2003 21:30:00 +0000

Hi Folks,

Haven't worked on my xAP framework code too much lately because of a
variety of things going on but there are some things in the pipeline:

1. I've still to finish encapsulating the xAP-Audio schema I put
forward. At the moment I have a SliMP3 connector that copes with Slim
OSD messages quite nicely indeed.

2. I'm continueing to work on the error handling in my framework code
a bit, as and when I find a case that isn't handled as imformatively
as I'd like. My xAPSend application benefits from this a lot as it is
getting some quite useful error feedback to the user now. Rather than
just reporting "It went wrong." it now feeds back much more
useful
data such as the line number of field name that was incorrect. This
helps validate xAP message formatting.

I prefer my framework code to be strict, spotting errors as early as
possible. I can easily make certain aspects of this optionally (and
configurably) less strict though, which is sometimes useful.

3. Finally starting to put a GUI on my xAP applications although this
is some way from completion. Console mode apps are quick and cheap,
allowing me to focus on the guts rather than the pretty exterior.
Quite a few ideas to develop here, so more news when it happens.

Oh, if only updating the web site with all these source/binary updates
wasn't so tedious...

Stuart
--
Stuart Booth
xAPFramework.net - a reusable xAP framework for .net

<a
href="/group/xap_automation/post?postID=pBPoTt6kU8Q4aSlKKpyxWnKwHP_ivRTjbdkxoQknTTLeNlaYT8mgJBY0a10UiHEU7ReJ88zZvXL2H1FUrg">stuart@x...</a>