Re: ES Pendant Light Holders

There are some pretty badly made converters out there. I bought some
recent=
ly from Amazon and although they were slightly more expensive, they were
st=
ill poorly designed, put together and when the bulb was screwed in, were
sl=
ightly off-axis.=20

These converters all add extra length to the bulb - about 1.5" in my
case. =
So in the hallway ceiling lights, they now hang down slightly below the
lam=
p shades. I could could re-wire the fixture to take it up a bit or replace
=
for the new screw in lamp holder you mentioned.=20

Paul.=20

> On 2 Jan 2016, at 22:49, Wayne Harrison Wayne@xxxxxxx [ukha_d] <u=
kha_d@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>=20
> Hi All,
> Following on from the Philips Hue thread a little, what are you all
using=
to get an ES light hooked up ?!
>=20
> I see there are converters - but looks like its going to add extra
length=
to the lamp. Not ideal.
>=20
> Ideally, an ES version of these http://www.screwfix.com/p/crabtree-cordgr=
ip-lampholder/23150
>=20
> Something that isn=92t brass (or metal in general), has a cable grip
so I=
can just replace the pendants on my existing fittings, and has that extra =
ring thing that can be used to hang a lamp shade.
> I=92m trying to stay away from EBay=92s =91HongKong Specials=92 unless
an=
yone has a tried and tested. :)
>=20
> Cheers again all.