From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx [mailto:ukha_d@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 28 December 2015 22:47
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: [ukha_d] Hue musings ...

I was a bad boy in John Lewis today while I was there with a mate picking
up a Sage Oracle (for him, not me) ...

Anyway, the sales are on so I ended up getting another starter kit (the Hue
White and Colour) and a Hue Bloom (which of course aren't in any sales but
it makes me feel better) to give them a try ...

Might have been spoiled in the past as I was using some DMX controlled wall
washers, floods and spots but they were all pretty old (at least four
years) and so hardly cutting edge. The colour mixing on the White and Hue
bulbs and the Bloom in comparison is quite poor in comparison - I'd
definitely query the '16 million colours' claim, they might have 256 levels
for each of RGB but by God they don't reproduce them ...

The White and Hue bulbs do a really washed out Green and their Cyan is
basically a very-slightly-blue-tinged-white.

The Bloom does a pretty good Green and decent Red but Purple is basically
Light Pink and Blue is really poor too ... I'm actually wondering if it
could be faulty given that other reviews on the Bloom have been very
complimentary about its colour rendition.

I wonder whether the GU10 White and Hue bulbs are any better ...

Phil

Sent from another bloody fruit-based portable device...

Posted by: Phil Harris <phil@xxxxxxx>

Yahoo Groups Links

Posted by: Paul Gale <paul@xxxxxxx>

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums