Re: SolarPV

Neil,

Thanks for the info, interestingly from what I've seen so far going with
microinverters brings a cost overhead of ~10%

I've got potential shading issues from a dormer window, and am also
looking at a two aspect install.

My initial concern has been from previous reports about microinverters
overheating etc.

Do you know what system your friend has ?

Thanks

Stuart

On 11/03/14 11:51, Neil Ball wrote:

> I?ve not got direct experience, but my friend (who also owns the local
> company that supplied my PV install) has them on his installation. He
> only used this approach because he has a complicated roof layout, with
> issues with shading from chimneys and dormer windows, so this
> maximises his generation potential although at quite a cost premium
> over a single inverter install. I have to say when we compared his
> output with mine (we both have 4kW installations) his system was still
> some way behind mine (which uses a single inverter with two strings of
> panels) even though we have a similar roof orientation. I guess his
> shading issues are still the issue and that his output would be even
> lower without the micro-inverters. His inverters are all networked so
> he collects the real-time data from his setup so we were able to
> easily look back at his historical figures (he?s had the setup for a
> couple of years), whereas for now I?m taking nightly readings until I
> get my CurrentCost Optismart installation fitted and working.
>
> Neil B.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums