Wired Control

Hi,

I've been trying to work out the best system to retire X10 to. I only
use it now for my heating control, and since getting a new laptop which
apperas to have a noisy power supply it's just not reliable enough.. and
the distances I need it to work are not achievable either, so what to
replace it with..

I need a system that's flexible, and ideally with 2 way communications
I need local control
It would be great if it could talk to home vision
Need to communicate over say 200mtrs+

the controls need to be standard sizes and non obtrusive.

I was thinking about using 2x RS485 lines (inputs / outputs) with some
custom blown hardware to address each relay / switch / rotatory encoder
etc, possibly with DMX output for the dimmable lighting control.

I couldn't find any off the shelf solutions that would give the
distances I needed and the ability to intergrate into existing set-ups
seamlessly nor within a resonable price bracket.

any advice?

Stuart.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums