Is there a MythTV Guru?

  • Subject: Is there a MythTV Guru?
  • From: Alex Monaghan <ha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2014 10:40:13 +0000

I have a 4 tuner setup (2 single tuner cards and 2 dual tuner)

The 2 single tuners and 1 of the dual tuners are plugged into the Astra
2 LNB and the remaining tuner into the Astra 1 LNB

Since BBC tweaked the BBC1 HD settings a while back, the picture has
suffered break up, however, by chance I found that a recording on BBC3
HD (same parameters as BBC1 HD) on the dual tuner card had no picture
breakup, recording a test recording on BBC1 HD on this card was also
good picture.

Whilst I can manually set the preferred input to the desired card for
each recording schedule (and I have done for the main scheduled
recordings), is there any way to set a channel to a preferred input so
that the wife & kids can schedule recordings without having to think
like a geek?

I know I could configure the system to put the dual tuner on the Astra 2
and a single tuner on Astra 1 or fiddle about with sources and omit &
include different channels, but ideally looking for a simple tweak.

Thanks

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums