Re: Building my own PVR / Media Clients

Short answer as I'm on the mobile...

Raspberry Pi won't cut it if you want 1080 video. Also, if you load up its
network throughput then performance will suffer as well.

Other than that, XBMC is ideal. I use it for pretty much the same
situation, but with one big raid array, sickbeard, sabnzbd, couchpotato,
and an Elgato doing dvb-s capture
On 19 Jul 2013 16:16, "Nigel Giddings" <nigel@xxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Having seen a few comments on here re Myth TV and PVRs I thought I
would
> ask a general question=85
>

> I am a long time TiVo user and am surprised that no one has matched
the
> functionality available 10 years ago=85
>

> I am a long term fan of XBMC right back to the early days of buying
Mars
> Bars to get an Xbox cheap=85
>

> Currently using XBMC on my Laptop as I am working away from home and
the
> latest build is great=85
>

> I was thinking of updating my home system to use XBMC on Raspberry
Pi(s) =
as
> Clients for a number of TVs around the house. Possibly via WiFi if it
wil=
> stand it=85
>

> What I wanted advice on was the backend. I would like one central
> PVR/Server and was going to try TVHeadend again on a Raspberry Pi but
> wanted to be able to record multiple streams of Terrestrial TV. Being
abl=
> to record two never seems enough so maybe 4 or go the whole hog and
have
> access to all muxes at all times?
>

> I have a couple of NAS in the network which I would like to use for
stori=
ng
> recorded content, I use an unRaid for my Media storage at the moment.
The
> other NAS is a Terrastation.
>

> I would want to be able to view Live TV from any TV , review EPG and
set
> recordings and watch content from all TVs as well. Using Android
Tablet /