Re: [ukha_d] Sonos Sub Review – A Wireless Woofer Wonder

Yes I agree about the neglect by Squeezebox by Logitech, especially on
the software side - most activity has been in 3rd party apps. The devices
Logitech came up with, like the Radio and Touch, I think are well
engineered, and you could argue that Logitech opened up the product to a
wider audience, but generally the sale of Slim Devices to them was probably
not a good fit. It's a pity they weren't bought by a hi-fi manufacturer
(most of whom must have been looking for streaming solutions about 5 years
ago) or just someone with more vision (like Sonos - do one thing extremely
well).

Maybe some bright new company will take up where Logitech left off (or
perhaps one doing software and one doing hardware, such as a Transporter
II) but I'm not optimistic. Perhaps the market has moved on - in the future
maybe most people just want controllers on their phones/tablets and mostly
use online services like Spotify. Maybe local music will be handled by DLNA
eventually and all players will be able to decode the main formats
including lossless.

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums