Re: Converting CCTV files

Try it in premiere if you have it (you can download a demo from adobe
if
not). I would also suggest installing the Combined Community Codec Pack
(CCCP) http://cccp-project.net/ too, as that
has a lot of odd codecs in
which might fit the bill. As also mentioned, if you have a snippet to
upload (doesnt have to be important footage), we could try it.

On 29/08/2012 11:59, Tim Hawes wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I need to convert some CCTV footage from the format used by the box to
> something more common. The box saves footage as *.avc files along with
> *.grp and a *.idx files - the latter two are about 10% of the size of
the
> main *.avc file.
>
> Wikipedia says the avc format is "H.264/MPEG-4" but I can't
find anything
> to play or convert it, other than the software that came with the kit.
> This
> allows conversion to avi but once complete, that file doesn't play
either!

> Any clues / recommendations?
>
> Many thanks,
> Tim.