Re: Converting CCTV files

Have you tried to put through Gspot?
http://www.headbands.com/gspot/

It's a bit long in the tooth but might give you something useful.

Sean

On 3 September 2012 00:45, Julian Samphire <jules@xxxxxxx>wr=
ote:

> Try it in premiere if you have it (you can download a demo from adobe
if
> not). I would also suggest installing the Combined Community Codec
Pack
> (CCCP) http://cccp-project.net/ too, as that
has a lot of odd codecs in
> which might fit the bill. As also mentioned, if you have a snippet to
> upload (doesnt have to be important footage), we could try it.

> On 29/08/2012 11:59, Tim Hawes wrote:
> >
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I need to convert some CCTV footage from the format used by the
box to
> > something more common. The box saves footage as *.avc files along
with =
> > *.grp and a *.idx files - the latter two are about 10% of the
size of t=
he
> > main *.avc file.
> >
> > Wikipedia says the avc format is "H.264/MPEG-4" but I
can't find anythi=
ng
> > to play or convert it, other than the software that came with the
kit.
> > This
> > allows conversion to avi but once complete, that file doesn't
play
> either!
> >
> > Any clues / recommendations?
> >
> > Many thanks,
> > Tim.

--=20
"Children and young people need to be empowered to keep themselves
safe =96
this isn=92t just about a top-down approach. Children will be children =96
pushing boundaries and taking risks. At a public swimming pool we have
gates, put up signs, have lifeguards and shallow ends, but we also teach
children how to swim." - Dr Tanya Byron (The Report of the Byron
Review)

<*> Join the Automated Home Forums